Thursday, September 24, 2009





Mining the MIA

 

            For my installation I would use " The Pine" by André Lhote, "Pastoral Landscape" by Claude Gellée, and The Bodhisattva Kuan-yin. I would use these art pieces to show how Buddhism works by taking a crazy situation and calming it down. Its having peace with ones self. I would like people to understand this as they enter the room where my instillation is. The room will be dark except for the three spotlights shining on the 2 paintings and the statue. "The Pine will be on the left, the bodhisattva in the middle and the "Pastoral Landscape" on the left. I would like this to show a picture with a verity of colors and shapes, which almost makes it chaotic painting. Then it comes to the bodhisattva which represents Buddhism and it can help you reach a state of nirvana which leads you into the "Pastoral Landscape" which is a very calm and stable picture which I believe represents happiness.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I can see how this installation would reinforce the calming theme found in these works (though, The Pine seems a little tense to me...). I wonder if this installation would change much of our interpretation of these objects, though - is that sense of calm already there in each of them? Would it be more interesting with more examples? Or a different Buddha facing each painting and contemplating it?

    ReplyDelete